Monday, August 1, 2011

Heart

I admit that I struggled to do the blog this morning in addition to getting my house ready for my mom to come today.  I apologize if you were actually trying to read it this morning and I fell short. 

I am always moved by music.  When someone asks me what kind of music I like, it is difficult to answer.  I can usually say just about everything.  I do not care all that much for the screamo type but even the background music has some merit.  Music just moves my heart.  It is so full and my heart has so much emotion attached to so many songs.

In light of that, I started thinking about the heart and how sometimes it deceives me.  As my daughter dates, it becomes even more obvious how the heart can tell us one thing but it not necessarily be true.  I remember dating someone in high school and having such butterflies but then they started to treat me like crap and those feelings went away.  Love is not a feeling - it is a verb and action.  Love doesn't just show up when you meet someone, it is what shows up when you are sick or your relationship is having difficulty.  It is grace granted when we do not necessarily deserve it. 

Today's passage is a whopper and I hope you are ready for it: 
“I hate the two-faced, but I love your clear-cut revelation. You're my place of quiet retreat; I wait for your Word to renew me. Get out of my life, evildoers, so I can keep my God's commands. Take my side as you promised; I'll live then for sure. Don't disappoint all my grand hopes. Stick with me and I'll be all right; I'll give total allegiance to your definitions of life. Expose all who drift away from your sayings; their casual idolatry is lethal. You reject earth's wicked as so much rubbish; therefore I lovingly embrace everything you say. I shiver in awe before you; your decisions leave me speechless with reverence.” Psalm 119:114 MSG

Some of you may be asking what that has to do with the heart and deception.  Look closely as it is the things and people that might pull us off track from following God directly.  His love for us is one continuous dose of grace - we certainly do not deserve it.  We certainly let our hearts lead us in the wrong directions especially when we do not listen to what is right. 

So, as music touches my heart - I wanted to share a song with you from Hillsong.  So take heart my friends, and let HIM lead you and not your heart.  He will not deceive you.


Take Heart [Verse 1:]
There is a light
It burns brighter than the sun
He steals the night
And casts no shadow
There is hope
Should oceans rise and mountains fall
He never fails

[Chorus:]
So take heart
Let His love lead us through the night
Hold on to hope
And take courage again

[Verse 1:]
In death by love
The fallen world was overcome
He wears the scars of our freedom
In His Name
All our fears are swept away
He never fails

[Bridge:]
All our troubles
And all our tears
God our hope
He has overcome
[| From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/h/hillsong-united-lyrics/take-heart-lyrics.html |]

All our failure
And all our fear
God our love
He has overcome
All our heartache
And all our pain
God our healer
He has overcome

All our burdens
And all our shame
God our freedom
He has overcome

All our troubles
And all our tears
God our hope
He has overcome

All our failures
And all our fear
God our love
He has overcome

God our justice
God our grace
God our freedom
He has overcome

God our refuge
God our strength
God is with us
He has overcome

No comments:

Post a Comment