Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Out of Control

I have always hated going to the doctor for various reasons. If there is something wrong, you often have to wait weeks if not months or years for a clear cut diagnosis. After all, it is called the practice of medicine for a reason. It is always such an out of control feeling to wait for an answer.

I think we have the same problem when we go to pray for something. The answer may not come in a minute or two let alone a year or two. It is also not always the answer we want. We often hear wait, or no or possibly no answer at all. It can be utterly frustrating at times. God doesn't do that to frustrate us but to draw us closer to him in prayer. I won't pretend to understand it all or always be happy about it. However, I have been grateful for those closer times with God.

I am entering into one of those times right now as I watch a few loved ones go through tests. I am not in control but I know that God is. As hard as it is to sit back, I know that ultimately, His plan is better than mine anyway.

2 Corinthians 7:1
 1 With promises like this to pull us on, dear friends, let's make a clean break with everything that defiles or distracts us, both within and without. Let's make our entire lives fit and holy temples for the worship of God.

May we all rest in the fact that we are not in control - thank goodness. Where are you trying to control your life and how are you going to let God take over?

No comments:

Post a Comment